The last thing I think of when I think of Utah is rappers. I was ready to somehow throw in some DJ Jazzy Jeff in there...ug....However, I was shocked to find that they exist, and they are making music in Salt Lake City. Is the nickname for that place really "The Lake"?
"I am from the Lake, I am from the Lake!"
So who are these guys? It's Calico and Blocks representing from the 801 to the 435. You can check out their music on ... MySpace ... Or check out this video for their song "Wait":
I kinda like it, and I like that they throw actually street corners and addresses into their songs. One of their videos they are wearing some Yellow Utah Jazz gear, so bam...perfect for this matchup.
Their song Wait gave me the idea to think about some of the Wait, What? bits from Norm MacDonald's Sports Show that was awesome but cancelled.
- Wait, Bradley Beal is shooting better from the 3 point line (33%) than from the field? (32%)
- Wait, John Vesely has 7 fouls and 0 points in 31 minutes of play?
- Wait, nobody on the Wizards is scoring over 12 points per game?
- Wait, the Jazz have won 4 games? That doesn't bode well.
- Wait, Mo Williams is the leading scorer on the Jazz? (16.5ppg)
- Wait, Randy Foye is on the Jazz now?
- Wait, the Jazz were a playoff team last year?